HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Thursday, July 18, 2019

To the Moon | CSI Case File No. 289 + Paper Issues This or That

I made a second page for CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration Case File No. 289. I was invited by the awesome Russian sketch challenge blog Tell Us a Story, with whom we collaborated in May, to be a guest designer this month. Here's what I made:


I loved the sketch they gave me so much that I pretty much followed it to the letter, except I added the little cluster to the top:


Here are the Case File and clues.



Clues I used: I used all the colors in The Scheme; Evidence clues: dots, stripes, other transportation (rockets), banners, geometric shapes, people (sort of--the robots), wet medium.

I also played with Paper Issues' This or That challenge, where you have to choose one thing or the other from either column. I cheated and added a tiny little heart because I add a heart to all the layouts I'm making for the kids for whom I make pages.

No photo description available.

Here are some details. I used a 2Crafty chipboard frame and coated with silver embossing powder. I printed the quote on vellum and tucked that into the frame. I used some stencils with texture paste, a circular one that I thought might look like a planet and a triangle one for the geometric shapes clue. Those puffy stickers have been in my stash forever, and I thought of using them when I was wondering if I had any astronauts for the people clue. I've been trying to use stamps on my pages lately. I used some ink splat stamps by Denim Tampons in the background.


That little banner is a die I have--I got it from eBay for super cheap. I like the pop of red it adds to the photo clusters. When I was thinking about geometric shapes, I thought of triangular photo corners and added those.


The little rockets were cut out of an Echo Park paper, and the sparkly planet was cut from a paper by BestCreation. The cut file is a free cut file from Paper Issues called Moon and Stars. I erased the stars and just used the moon. They have another moon cut file that didn't have things attached, but I really liked the shape of this moon.



I hope you'll come play with us at CSI and also Paper Issues! These were both really fun challenges.  To add icing to the cake, we have seven sponsors donating prizes and gift certificates this month, including Paper Issues, who is donating a $20 gift card to their shop:



While you're shopping at Paper Issues, please use my code, Debbi (no e on the end), and you'll get 20% off your entire purchase!



cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...