HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Thursday, September 26, 2019

A Steep Learning Curve | Paper Issues Learning Curve Challenge

It's my turn on the Paper Issues blog today. Here's my post:

I'm a teacher, so I'm sure you'd expect me to create a school layout for our Learning Curve challenge, but I decided  instead to create a layout about some lessons I've been learning in my weight-loss journey this past summer. I used the awesome Office Hours collection by Pinkfresh Studio, which is a perfect collection not only for layouts about work but also about school and lessons learned. My journaling is on the back of my page, and I'll share it at the end of this blog post.



I used two Paper Issues cut files for my background, Stripes & Circles Grid and Slices of Life.

       

There were a million perfect little ephemera pieces and puffy stickers with this collection. I had a hard time not using them all! I added some words to some of the ephemera with the  rub-on letters to help communicate my story.


I printed out the last year of my weight-loss graph from the Weight Watchers app.


The top of my page was looking a little bare, and I found these old chipboard corners and painted them using a wash of Tim Holtz Distress Oxide spray in Abandoned Coral, which turned out to be the perfect color! I added the little rub-on x's to that ephemera piece because those 3 things are important reminders for me in my journey.


The sticker in the center really is the message of my whole learning, and I added the little puffy sticker clip to make it look like a clipboard. I love the Pinkfresh mini puffy alpha stickers


Here is my journaling if you'd like to learn my important lessons that helped me lose 20 pounds this summer, for a total of 56.2 pounds so far, and I'm feeling very confident that these lessons will carry me forth in my journey. (Yes, I just realized I have an error in that last paragraph. I need to back and add this to my first sentence: ...that I can't do this and it's too hard.)


I hope you'll come play with this challenge. Even if you don't have school photos, there might be a lesson you've learned that you want to document! Be sure to share your creation in our Facebook group album for a change to win a gift certificate to the Paper Issues store.

There are lots of great products and free cut files in the shop that will help you with this challenge. Please use my code, Debbi (no e on the end), and you'll get 20% off your entire purchase!


cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...