HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Thursday, October 17, 2019

That Kind of Day...Again | CSI Cold Case No. 299 & Paper Issues Free File Free-for-All Challenge

I made this page for my friend for our October Cold Case at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration and doubled-up with Paper Issues Free File Free-for-All challenge.


Here are the Case File and clues for this challenge.

Image credit: Betowers Illustration


I started out with the magic number. I picked a paper cart and went to my 29th folder and found this old Crate Paper collection and then found a picture to match and the layout just evolved as I worked on it. This old Crate Paper collection is one of my all-time favorites, and the colors matched up with the colors from the Case File.  I wish some of the scrapbooking companies would do a revival of some of their old papers! Other clues I used were old plain brads, and I fussy cut elements from a paper I wouldn't use in its entirety. 


That awesome cut file in the background is by Paper Issues. It's totally FREE (as are all their cut files) and it's called Wonky Woven Placemat Background


The title came from the caption on my friend's Instagram photo. I used a bunch of old letter stickers: The blue ones are the old Poolside Thickers by American Crafts. The green ones are Webster's Pages. I had to rub some green Distress Ink to get them closer to the colors on my page. And the orange-red ones are old Sassafras Lass alphas.


I needed something in the bottom left, and decided I'd add a little flock of birds cut from one of the Seasons papers. And I love it when I can find phrase stickers to match my story!

I hope you'll come play with our challenges. CSI has eight sponsors donating prizes this month.


And Paper Issues awards a gift certificate to their store when you play in their challenges. While you're over a the shop browsing the free cut files, be sure to check out all the awesome kits and scrappy supplies. Please use my code, Debbi (no e on the end), and you'll get 20% ff your entire purchase!



cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...