HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Saturday, January 25, 2020

The Year of 30 | Bramble Fox Design Team Project

It's my turn to share my third January layout over at Bramble Fox's Instagram.


I used this awesome black numbered piece from the January Fox Box.


For those who don't know, the weekend before Thanksgiving, my husband suffered traumatic brain injury from a subarachnoid hemorrhage resulting from a burst brain aneurysm. He had emergency brain surgery and was hospitalized for 47 days. It was a very scary time.

I wasn't planning this layout, but as I sat down to work on my January projects, I wondered and wondered over the 20/20 New Year-Themed pieces. 

Suddenly, it all came together, as a I remembered my friend's text to me and the pictures that I had taken the previous day of my husband in the rehabilitation center's gym during physical therapy. I decided I would create a superhero comic-book-style page.


I searched the Internet for comic-book style journaling fonts, and luckily I found a free one. I framed the journaling using an old frame from my stash, and I used some extra frames to frame the fussy-cut pictures. I happened to have those comic book speech bubble stickers in my stash.


I used a sunburst and a superhero speech bubble cut files from the Silhouette store. The yellow Perspextive is an older Bramble Fox piece, and the awesome Cityscape on the bottom is also a Bramble Fox Perspextive that is still available in the shop. I love it when I have just the perfect things in my stash to create the vision I have on a scrapbook page!


For the record, I didn't ask him to pose this way. I was taking pictures daily to send to my family, telling them about what we did every day at rehab. I took out my phone to shoot that day's pictures, and this is how Farzad posed. And how fortuitous that he was wearing that Captain America t-shirt.


Those patterned papers I used are really old Scenic Route papers, and I thought they'd be perfect for this superhero page.


If you haven't ever tried adding Perspextives on your page, you've gotta try them out! They're so unique and add such fun interest and dimension. The Fox Box subscription is a perfect way to get a variety of them. You get a couple of packs of Perspextives plus exclusive pieces that you can't buy. Also, you get a discount on other items you order from the store.

cubeupload

2 comments:

Стокли said...

First of all, awesome page! it's like a real page from a comic book.
Second, it looks like he's getting better and the shaved head look suits him, I think:)

Jacynthe said...

Farzad's personality shines through in these two photos. He hasn't lost his sense of silliness. It's nice to see. I really like how you went all out with the superhero theme. The "yeah!", "wow!" "awesome!" word stickers remind me of the Batman and Robin TV show I used to watch when I was a kid. I didn't quite understand the title as first but I get the meaning now. Here's wishing a 30/30 before year's end.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...