HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Saturday, February 15, 2020

Hello Love | CSI Case File No. 310 + Paper Issues You've Been Framed! Challenge

Our mid-month reveal went live this morning at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration. Here's the page I made. Paper Issues is one of our sponsors this month, so I decided I'd combine our challenge with one of their many awesome challenges, and I chose the You've Been Framed! challenge, which, as you can guess, was to use frames on your layout.


Here are the Case File and clues:


From the clues, I used the color scheme as well as all of the Evidence clues, which always gives me a thrill! For the Testimony, I wrote a love letter on the back for my husband.


Here's a look at some details. I was originally going to try to make a mantle and put stuff on top, but with my pages being 8 x 8, I wouldn't have had enough space to add all the other things I wanted to include, so I made shelves instead. I had recently played in a scraplift challenge that had a similar composition, and Sindi Jeffers' design was fresh in my mind. The title piece is from 2Crafty, one of our prime sponsors. I coated the raw chipboard with embossing powder, shiny black for the "hello" and glittery red for the "love." I found some tassels in the perfect color in a Christmas pack by Fancy Pants. That cute globe is a stamp (stamping was a clue), and I put a silver Lawn Fawn puffy heart on top.


Most of my frames were fussy cut from a patterned paper, but I found this sweet metal silver oval frame in my stash. I was so happy to find red pom-poms (another clue) in my stash to use on my layout! They add such a fun touch of whimsy and beautiful texture.  Note to self: buy more pom-pom trim.


Potted plants were a clue, and I scoured my stash until I found these stickers, which are slightly off the color of the Case File's color scheme, but I decided that was okay. I added a puffy heart. The little house, which was a clue, was also cut from patterned paper.


I made the banner out of folded washi tape. This banner met multiple clues: stripes, string, washi tape, and fold something. The "You & Me" is a clear sticker by Simple Stories.


I hope you'll come play along with both CSI and Paper Issues. CSI has eight awesome sponsors donating prizes this month:



And Paper Issues gives away two gift certificates each month, so be sure to play there too! While you're shopping at the Paper Issues store, please use my code, Debbi (no e on the end), and you'll get 20% off your entire purchase!



cubeupload


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...