HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Thursday, June 18, 2020

Mad, Cool Science | Paper Issues Put It on an Angle Challenge

It's my turn up on the Paper Issues blog today. Here's my post:

Why was the geometry book so adorable? Because it had acute angles! Okay, okay, I know that was a little lame, but this challenge is all about putting your layout on an angle. It can be ACUTE or OBTUSE, just make sure that with all your angles your layout looks RIGHT. I tend to be a very linear scrapper, so this challenge gave me a moment of slight anxiety, but then I told myself that going outside my comfort zone is what challenges are all about, so I jumped in with both feet. I not only designed my layout to flow along an angle, but I also angled the photos.


I am the worst kind of kit hoarder, so while I was challenging myself, I also challenged myself to go to one of the Paper Issues kits I've been hoarding from over a year ago.  Do you remember the one called "Blue Ain't Your Color?" This paper with the ink blots was perfect to document my grand-niece's science experiment. I combined the kit with some stamps and items from my stash to make my mad, wonky angled layout.


I am obsessed with the Bella Blvd Florence alphabets. I scrap a lot of friends' kids pictures, and they're a perfect, playful font and a perfect size for my pages since I scrap 8 x 8. I absolutely love the crazy playful look the yellow pom-pom trim in the kit gave to my layout. Cassie always includes unexpected surprises in her kits that add a unique touch to your layouts.


I stamped my monsters on several of the patterned papers from the kits and added googly eyes for fun.


I hope you'll come play in this challenge give this angled approach a try! Maybe pull out an older kit (to make room for new ones!). Cassie's kits are timeless. And don't forget to be on the lookout for the next kit to come into the store because they're so popular, and you'll want to grab one before they're gone! Please use my discount code, Debbi (no e on the end) and you'll get 20% off the kits, the Florence alphas, and EVERYTHING else in the store!



cubeupload

1 comment:

Стокли said...

Love this one, Debbi, cute and playful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...