HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Sunday, September 27, 2020

Ride! | CSI Cold Case No. 332 + Paper Issues Scraplift Sunday Challenge

I created this page for CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration's September Cold Case, and I also played along with Paper Issues' Scraplift Sunday challenge.


Here are the Case File and Clues:


I love using older stash! I used lots of product clues: I found some older papers that matched some of the colors in The Scene. I used textured papers and foliage as well as older punches, wood elements, and other things that have a lot of texture. From the design clues, I created texture by tearing. 


And here's Ann Tamimi's awesome layout I scraplifted. had a border all picked out for the bottom of my layout and discovered I forgot to add it.



Here are some details.

I decided to go with the earthy colors in the Case File. For the textured paper clue, I found this old embossed Swiss dot paper. I dug through my stash looking for autumn themed elements and I found some mushrooms and leaves from an older Jillibean soup collection. That hello speech bubble was already cut out that I never used. The other papers are from my scraps drawer--the top pattern is by BasicGrey and the one beneath that is old Scenic Route.


I added some more textured paper in the form of corrugated cardboard. Wood veneer was a clue, and I found these etched wooden leaves, so I sprinkled some of them, along with die cuts and punched leaves. I love using word/phrase stickers, and I always get a thrill when I can find the perfect ones for my story.


I loved the wayward bits of twine and string on Ann's page, so I wrapped some baker's twine around a flair badge. The letters in my title are super old Sassafras Lass alphas.


I hope you'll come play along with us at CSI. I know the month is soon coming to a close, but our September Case Files are open through the 4th of October. Look at our wonderful sponsors who are donating prizes and gift certificates this month:


cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...