HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Color Combos Galore

A couple of years ago, a girl named Janet started a challenge over at Two Peas called the Pub Color Combo challenge. Janet came up with a color scheme each week and invited scrappers to create a layout using those colors. Anyone who knows me knows that I love a challenge. I didn't play along every week, but it became one of my favorite challenges.

Fast forward to about a year ago. Janet came up with the idea of gathering a team and set up a challenge blog called Color Combos Galore. She invited me to be a part of this color team. Every week, she chose a guest designer with whom she'd create a color combo, and she'd e-mail us a color swatch. It was so fun receiving a new batch of colors every week--almost like getting a package of scrappy goodies on my doorstep! I have to say, some weeks, I'd get the colors and think, "Ugh, what am I going to do with these colors?" But once I got rolling, digging through my paper stash and gathering embellishments, after my layout was all created, I would end up loving the color combo. I don't know how she does it, but Janet is a color genius!

A few months ago, Janet started a whole site, complete with a gallery and forums as our new Color Combos Galore home. Now it's been a year since I've been on the color team, and just last month, Janet put out a call for a new team. I'm happy to say that I'm on the team again, along with a whole bunch of very talented scrappers. Here are the colors we were asked to use:



And here is the page I made:




And I made a companion page, using the same colors, for Sketch This!:



(My [expensive] scanner has not been cooperating with me lately. I'm not sure what's going on. I really don't want to buy another scanner.)
Thank you, Janet, for letting me stay on for another year! I love this challenge!

3 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

ooooooo debbie i always love to see what you do w/the colors and may i say i find alot of them intimidating. but you rock each one. love love love your projects.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely adore both of your pages!

Blessed Ladybug said...

hi debbie do u always wrk with a swatch of color. that so cool thanks for sharing...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...