HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Webspiration! {Creative Prompts for You}

Our prompt this week at Creative Prompts for You came from an image captured from Maria Filo's website. I have no idea who Maria Filo is or what she's selling (her website appears to be in Portuguese), but it's a nifty little place to browse around. Here is the image we were working from:


I drew inspiration from several things in the image. First, the color scheme. And obviously the palm trees. I thought it was cute how the palm trees were made out of semi-circles. I used the idea of the layers of grass to layer my green border punches. The clouds and sun were also inspired by the website. And finally, that sheer rectangle of text inspired me to dig out some vellum that I've had in my stash for years.

Speaking of stash... I recently re-organized my paper (I had to get a new paper cart because I was running out of space), and I discovered that I had WAY too much Chatterbox and Scenic Route paper (as well as many other brands), so I made a list of some of the papers I had an overabundance of and plan to draw from those as much as I can in the forseeable future. This layout was made entirely from old *stuff*.


Go check out what the rest of the team made--it's always so fun to see all the different ways people draw inspiration from the same prompt. And don't forget to play--you might even have a chance at winning a gift certificate (see the CP4U blog for details)!

I've loved being a part of Creative Prompts for You. My term is ending at the end of the month--it went SO fast! I've reapplied for the design team, and I'm crossing my fingers that I'll make it because it's becoming one of my very favorite challenges!

1 comment:

Murphy's Law said...

very very cool! love the color scheme as well. very relaxing. love the funky tree you made. very cool.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...