HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Click {Creative Scrappers Sketch #220}

We have an awesome new sketch by Jenny Evans up at Creative Scrappers this morning!


I made another page for Monica's book. For those who don't know Monica's story, she's my best friend's daughter, and her 23-year-old husband died last month after a 6-year battle with bone cancer. I'm making her an album to remember all the wonderful times they had in their short life together. I'm grabbing photos off of their Facebook pages for this book. They have thousands of pictures posted, lots of them like this one, and I thought James had kind of a funny look on his face like, "Not another picture."


I also used the palette from last week's challenge at The Color Room.


Here are some details. Most of the papers I used are by Studio Calico, but a couple are from October Afternoon, like the ones I used on the stars below.


The little flair button is also by  October Afternoon. I had that little heart sitting on my desk, leftover from another layout and I thought it worked perfectly here.


I used a Crater's Workshop masking template and black ink in the background. Those black brads in the picture below have been in my stash for about ten years. Back when brads started showing up on scrapbook pages, I bought them from an office supply store. I still have a handful left. The arrow was cut from a Studio Calico paper.


I had printed out the Color Room palette so I could pick out paper and it was sitting there and I thought it would be perfect to add to my layout. You can see in the picture below that I used lots of blue vellum, which has also been in my stash forever. The phrase stickers are by 7 Gypsies.



The reveal at Creative Scrappers is awesome, so come check out what the rest of the team made. I hope you'll play with us. The sketch was lots of fun to work with!

Thank you for stopping by my blog and reading about my page!


17 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is sooooooo beautiful!! I love love love the colors and the stars!!!

Jenny Evans said...

Wow, Debbi! This is absolutely stunning!! Love every bit of it!!

Murphy's Law said...

What a striking page. The colors and design just blow it out. She's gonna love it.

Unknown said...

Awesome layout. Love the colors and all the splashes if black!

Ella Swan said...

Beautiful work Debbie! My brother died of bone cancer at 34 after a 4 year battle. It's not an easy one to cure...

sandi said...

Wow! This is just fabulous! Love the super mix....so perfect for that challenge! Wow!

Lene said...

I love this layout - so sharp, so perfect and full of color!

Ashley Horton said...

Another great page Debbi!! I love the pops of bright color with the black mixed in! Very graphic & fun!

dstandard said...

WOWSERS Debbi - what a fabulous page - you totally worked the sketch and the colors on this!

Lizzyc said...

This looks lovely, and I am sure the album will be cherished and looked at over and over!

BabyBokChoy said...

I think that sketch is so cool and your execution is really perfect!!! As usual, you pay so much attention to details, exquisite stuff!!! GOLD medal to you!!! hee hee.

Audrey Pettit said...

This is one of those layouts that I could stare at all day to try to see all the amazing details! Wow, this is SO fabulous, Debbi! I just love all the layers and love how you used the vellum. Love the masked background and the color strip you added, too. And those stars are just fabulous. Really beautiful!

Patrice said...

The black accents make everything pop!

Christie said...

Again, you are AMAZING!!! This album you're making is so priceless!

Ella Swan said...

Thanks so much for your condolences Debbie - much appreciated :)

Lizzy Hill said...

LOVE these colours....& BTW .....why haven't I been following you????!!!!! Fixed now!!! Can't believe I was missing out on such awesome-ness:):):)

Lynette Jacobs said...

Another gorgeous labor of love. I love how you matted your layers on black. Just beautiful Debbi.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...