HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Summertime Color {CSI Case File No. 31}

We have a new Case File open for investigation at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration, and since it's a new month, we have a new sponsor, Peace, Love, and Scrapbooking, and a new theme: Down by the Sea.

I combined our Case File with Nadia's sketch and journaling prompt over at Once Upon a Sketch to make my page.


And here's my page. Clues I used: Evidence: liquid medium, repetition, circles, solid background; Testimony: Itinerary and inspiration word, color.

I used lots of old stash on my page, along with some yellow mist and yellow and green ink on a stamp in the background and instead of stitching, I drew outlines with pen. In case you're wondering, the blue toes with the rhinestone sandals are mine. :)


Here are some details. That clear flower is from Ki Memories. It came on a sheet. The fuzzy pink brad is by Sassafras Lass. Those circles are cut out of K&Co. paper.


This photo shows some of the papers I used. The pink is K&Co.; the green polka dot paper is Luxe Designs; the yellow polka dot paper is by Echo Park, and that awesome circle paper is in the CSI Coordinates.The yellow transparency is by Hambly. I printed it on photo paper to give it vibrancy. At the last minute, I added those brads to the title.


The fabric clouds are old Love, Elsie. They're so cute. That lime is from a K&Co. paper. The little phrase and word stickers are from the Coordinates.


The white border is from a Cheery Lynn die. I used turquoise staples to attach it. That teal circle patterned paper is by Hambly.


Here's my journaling. Not sure why the photograph made it blue instead of teal. Anyway, some of you know Monica's story from the pages I've been posting over the last month. Monica is my best friend's daughter. Her 23-year-old husband died last month after a 6-year battle with bone cancer. We had these pedicures a couple of days after James's death.  The "Color Key" tells a little behind the meaning of the colors.


I hope you'll go check out our reveal. Lots of colorful eye candy! And please play along with us. We love to see how people solve the Case File!

Thank  you so much for stopping by my blog and reading about my page!


23 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Oh this is a beautiful layout.. the journalling is so special.. and the colors.. wow.. really vibrant and gorgeous... love this layout!

sandi said...

Fabulous! Love the fun bright colors on this one! Awesome lo Deb!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS! I love love love the colors, the photo... and LOVING the brads on the 'l'!!!

Miae said...

What a happy page! So full of cheer, it makes me smile!! Love this color palette Debbi! Cheers, Miae

Unknown said...

Omg this is soo soooo fabulous, Debbi!!! I am so in love with that color combo...and all fo your exquisite details, holy moly!!! Lol I just really love this one! Beautiful job!!

Karen said...

LOVE IT!! The journalling is fabulous Debbi, I loved reading the story and your details are amazing. I must look out for those dies, I love the little white border.

Heather Jacob said...

OMG Debbi this is amazing .. you are the queen/princess of brights.. that pic is perfect, a glorious page xxooxo I am finally feeling better and am working on my next LO today .. thanks for always being so gracious and organised with CSI .. you are one special lady xoxox

Dana Tatar said...

Fantastic! What a fun color palette. I love all the layers, fussy cuts, doodles and of course the story that you always include. Your work is so wonderful to look at and read about. Thanks for the inspiration! =)

Murphy's Law said...

GORGEOUS!!! and FUN!!! WOWOWOW...

Eila Sandberg said...

The very first thing that jumped out from the screen was that very, very special line about the reason behind Monica's pink toe nails!! Heaven really has a way of giving treasures to those who deserve them best and God knows Monica does. I am absolutely overwhelmed at the news *smiling from ear to ear* Pardon me for forgetting about your page. Amazing details, just love the Hambly and the fuzzy brad, everything is just perfect as always! xoxo

Tamika said...

This is hot!

Cathy said...

WOW Debbie adore your eye-catching LO. The mix of all those layered pp's and your fab photo looks amazing and I love your journaling!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at OUAS :))

Tina said...

Okay...so I have a little confession to make - I am obessed with taking photos of my feet and I love seeing other peoples layouts about their feet. Isn't that wierd? :) Love this layout debbi - Your ability to layer is the BEST!

Romy said...

Your layout is simply fabulous! Such an amazing colour palette and lots of wonderful touches to look at. Plus I love your summer feet:) Thank you so much for playing along at OUAS!

Georgia Heald said...

So fun and funky, just love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at OUAS =) And thank you so much for your kind words on blog too Debbi =)

Audrey Pettit said...

What a gorgeous page, Debbi! Seriously, you are SO amazing at the little details! Love, love every inch of this, and love the sweet story behind your toesies. :)

Vicky Alberto said...

just too fun

Christie said...

So bright and beautiful! I love every inch!!!

Svetlana Austin said...

wow! i totally love the color combo on this LO and how you used here the same shade of blue as the nail polish on the photo :-))) absolutely gorgeous project!
thank you for joining us at OUAS!

Unknown said...

This is just WAY awesome, Debbi!! So many beautiful, intricate details- all so perfectly placed. Amazing work. So glad you shared it with us @ OUAS!!

xErin

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Debbi! Love the fun summer colors and that photo is perfect! Thanks for joining along with OUAS :)

Drea Slee said...

Such a fun and awesome page!!! LOVE the colors and doodles!!

Anna Zaprzelska said...

Wonderful page, Debbi!!! Full of colors and energetic!
Thanks for playing along with OUAS:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...