Saturday, July 27, 2013

Smile {Sketchbook365 August Sketch Challenge}

We have a really awesome sketch up at Sketchbook365 this month, based on a layout by Rebekah Day:

I love the sprinkled dots on this sketch and knew I wanted to use sequins. I'm making a scrapbook for my friend whose mom recently passed away. I wanted to use happy colors for this sweet photo. I went pretty literal with the sketch:

Here are some details.I used some older papers by My Mind's Eye for this page. The fabric brads are by Recollections. I used gelatos for the pink swashes in the background and stamp ink with a Prima checkered stencil.

It's hard to think of journaling when you don't really know the people in the photo, so I went with a quote. The inky blue lines were made with a stamp.

I wasn't 100% satisfied with the way my page looked and I thought on it and thought on it, and in the morning, I had this image in my head of how I wished I had made the page, but it was too late because my page was due. If I'd had more time, I would've turned the sketch upside down and used butterflies instead of those circles, but I settled with a compromise and added the white punched butterflies on top of some of the circles.

Come see what the rest of the team made with this awesome sketch.



Lizzy Hill said...

This is lovely...but I get what you mean with the circle/butterfly dilemma!!!!! I've just finished this one & I really really enjoyed the sketch...haven't loaded it yet:):):)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow! This is gorgeous!! LOVING the colors and the layers!!!

Aline Marengo said...

Hi Debbi
I loved it! Very beautiful!

Lynn Murphy said...

Beautiful - all that layering is sooooo much fun!

Helen Wallace said...

A beautiful page, rich in detail and texture. Love all the arty elements and especially like that you used some older papers....we all have them :)

Lynn Grieveson said...

Your friend will love this. Such a pretty page

Lizzyc said...

This is really lovely, that blue is such a happy color.. love the sequins too!!

Zeneva said...

So pretty! Lovely colours and composition!

Lynette said...

I think your layout is just perfect. I love the happy colors and the awesome stamping.


Related Posts with Thumbnails