HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

On the Naughty List {CSI Case File No. 222}

We have a beautiful new, wintry Case File open for investigation at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration:


Here's my page. Clues I used...Evidence: floral patterns, chevrons, snowflakes, jewels, pearls, something fuzzy, fabric, flowers, leaves, glitter; Testimony: Haiku.


I used this sketch from Let's Get Sketchy. They're having a guest designer call, so I thought I'd give it a go:


And some details. That blingy snowflake frame is by Making Memories. I've had it in my stash for ages. I was trying to carefully place it in just the right spot, when a tiny bit of it hit the paper crooked and there it had to stick--it wanted to rip my paper when I tried to lift it back up to make it straight. Sigh. The fabric brad is by K&Co. I've had that in my stash for a million years too. The "Naughty" was cut on my Silhouette Cameo.


So, I have this little devil of a cat who likes to knock everything down. We didn't put up our trees this year again because she's such a bad kitty. We decided we'd try to just put up a tree without decorations to see what she'd do, and sure enough, she got right under that tree and started batting it and knocking the flocking off. Hence the haiku I wrote. That snowflake brad is by Making Memories. The label had a picture in the center of it, so I just typed some journaling onto cardstock and punched a circle and hid the picture.


Here you can see in the picture how she knocked the flocking off the tree. Bad Minnie-Cupcake! The snowflake is by Jolee's. The glittery poinsettia flower was in a pack I found on the bargain table at ACMoore. And there's another brad from the same Making Memories pack as the other brad in the above photo. I dangled it with some silver thread. The leaves are a Martha Stewart punch. And you can see I tucked a fuzzy black brad in that cluster for my fuzzy clue.



I hope you'll come play with our challenge. Come see what the rest of the team made here. And of course, we have lots of prizes from our sponsors:



Photobucket

2 comments:

Dale Tiernan said...

Love it.

Julieinsweden said...

Oh the look on kitty's face. She knows! Like the stitching, it gives a subtle dimension. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...