HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Aye, Aye Captain

I got a little time to scrap just for fun (not that DT layouts aren't fun, but you know what I mean) when Tracee was here. I used a couple of challenges over at A Cherry on Top as inspiration. One was a 3-word title challenge, which also required some stitching, and the other was a "my mood challenge" which was to use red, white, and blue plus stars and stripes. Here's my layout:


Tracee and I used the same photos from our trip to the Chesapeake Bay and challenged ourselves to use this sketch:



And some details. The ship's wheel is a Silhouette cut file. Those letters are by K&Co. I've had them in my stash forever. The anchor brad is by Teresa Collins


I raided my stash to find stuff that would go with the theme of my page and found this Heidi Swapp chipboard palm tree that's probably been in my stash for ten years. The tag was cut from a Pink Paislee (Atlas Collection) paper. I added some jute and a silver anchor charm for some texture.


That pelican is from an old October Afternoon sticker sheet. The little crab was cut from an Echo Park paper from the Under the Sea collection. The puffy starfish, I think, is Jolee's. The wood veneer stars are by Studio Calico. 


I always love challenges because they give me a great starting place and often get me going through my stash to discover things I might not have used!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Janet Fritz said...

Love this Debbi. I love all the details and how you seemlessly mix realistic with more childlike product.

Tracey said...

So Creative Debbi..love your take on the sketch, great page!

Стокли said...

I love challenges for the same reasons too) (not for these only, but for these too)
Awesome page, especialy the huge wheel!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...