HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Sunday, March 11, 2018

You Add Magic to Our Class {Paper Issues Free File Free-for-All Challenge}

I love a good challenge, and Paper Issues has tons of fun ones! Yesterday I had a bit of time to scrap before I had to go out for the day, and I was stuck. I've put a lot of pressure on myself by waiting so long to start making pages for my students. Anyway, like I said, I was stuck-stuck-stuck, so I headed to Paper Issues to check out the challenges. Nothing was calling my name until I looked at this challenge:

Image may contain: text

and then I saw this page that Amanda-Jane Baldwin, and I got unstuck. I shamelessly scraplifted her [more] beautiful page, and created this:


Here are some details. That unicorn is a free cut file from Paper Issues. The eyelashes are a cut file from the Silhouette store. I used some really old pink Mustard Moon paper (from 2002!) for the unicorn head, and it didn't quite show up as well as I'd hoped, so I decided to cut another head in gray cardstock and offset it. I really wanted to use that watercolor swash-y paper from Crate Paper's new Flourish collection. The floral die cuts are also from the Flourish collection.


The gold leaves are in the Flourish ephemera pack. That lace butterfly is by Martha Stewart--I've had that in my stash for eons. I tried to use enamel dots, but they just looked too modern with these papers, so I dug through my pearls drawer and found these old pretty pearl flowers by Jenni Bowlin. I think they were just what these clusters needed. I usually use white thread when I stitch on my layouts, but I decided to go for gold to match the other gold elements on my page.


The word "magic" in the title is from the same cut file set as the unicorn. That layered butterfly is by Martha Stewart, another oldie in my stash.


This was so fun to make, and I think it turned out pretty. It was fun mixing old and new stash--the products I used span 16 years! Wow!
cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...