HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Monday, April 30, 2018

I Believe in You {Scrap the Boys Guest Designer}

I recently played over at Scrap the Boys, and my layout was chosen as a favorite, so I was delighted to be asked to be a guest designer. This month, they have a mood board to inspire our layouts:


I made another page to give to one of my students. I obviously used the color scheme from the mood board. I wanted to draw some details from all four quadrants of the mood board:

  • Inspired by the top left quadrant, I added the glasses, and the plastic necklaces inspired the use of plastic elements (epoxy stickers, puffy stickers, and the googly eyes). I also used a hounds-tooth patterned paper in the layers behind the photo, like the guy's jacket. 
  • In the top right quadrant, I loved the way all those colors butted up against each other, and I decided to find a cut file that I could back with papers in all the different colors of the mood board. 
  • The bottom left image inspired me to use some prints that had leafy patterns. 
  • From the bottom right quadrant, I wanted to add a horse, but I just couldn't find in my stash and decided another animal would do. I found these cute puffy alligators that matched the palette so I went with those, which added the perfect bit of whimsy that the horse head added to the mood board.


Here are some details. I used all scraps, some extremely old, including some Ki Memories paper, to back a cut file by The Cut Shoppe.


That fun epoxy speech bubble is from Crate Paper's Cool Kid collection, as are the word "Believe" from the title and the black stars.


I love adding googly eyes whenever I get the chance. They add such a fun, playful touch.


I hope you'll come play along. This was a fun mood board with lots of possibilities!

cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...