HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Cheers!!! {Paper Issues Swag Bag}

Sometimes you just want a little bit of this and a little bit of that. There's nothing wrong with sampling! Paper Issues has the perfect solution for those who like a little taste of everything: You need a Swag Bag!

I received the July Swag Bag to play with. Look at the fun goodies that came in the sweetly packaged glassine bag (my bag had a few slightly different items, but most of what you see here is what came in the bag). Lots of stuff for summer and travel but what captured my fancy and inspired my layout was that strawberry-topped swizzle stick.


Here's what I created. I added a couple of elements from my stash, but most of what you see is from the Swag Bag. 


Here are some details. Here's that swizzle stick that inspired my page. I went in search of a cocktail glass cut file in the Paper Issues free cut files, and they did not disappoint! The Cinco de Mayo free cut file had this cool margarita glass.


A peek at the other side of that glass. Backing the file with vellum gave it the look of a real glass, and I cut some of the papers that came in the Swag Bag into little squares to float in the cocktail glass like fruity ice cubes. The speech bubbles and that cool sparkly star clip came in the swag bag.


The flower and that wood veneer piece came in the kit, as did the pineapple, which was cut from a patterned paper. I added a brad in the shape of eyeglasses and tucked some googly eyes in there. The little pieces of patterned paper that come in the swag bag are 3 x 4 and are perfect for layering. For me, since I scrap 8 x 8, they're perfect for cutting in half and spreading across the page, as I did with the polka dot paper. I wanted it to look like a table cloth the cocktail glass was resting on.


The chipboard flamingo was from my stash, from Simple Stories' Hello Summer collection, something I recently scored from the Paper Issues store. I just added a puffy sticker lei to give it a perfectly tropical feel.


It was so fun playing with the goodies in the Swag Bag. Getting little bits of this and that takes you to creative places you might not otherwise go. I'm looking forward to making more pages with this Swag Bag, as there's a ton of stuff in there. 

I've heard that Swag Bags sell out fast, so you can subscribe and get a swag bag for 6 months. 

Don't forget to use my code Debbi (no e on the end) and you can get 20% off your entire purchase at the Paper Issues store.


cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...