HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Celebrate Freedom {CSI Case File No. 258}

Our mid-month challenge at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration is just perfect for beach-inspired pages, like the page I already shared in the post below, but it's also perfect for all those 4th of July photos you might've taken. Because of the color scheme, I just had to make a second page to scrap a photo from this year's 4th of July celebration.


Here's the Case File. I drew inspiration from the colors and the stripes.


I also played along in the Keep it Sketchy challenge at Paper Issues.

No automatic alt text available.

Here are some details. I used papers from Echo Park's Celebrate America collection and Pebbles' Land That I Love collection. I fussy cut the jar of flowers from one of the Echo Park papers. You can sort of see that the big letters I used for my title are shiny silver, not black, as they appear in the photograph of my layout. It's so frustrating to photographic metallic elements!


Here are some more things I fussy cut from some of the papers. That blue paper perfectly matches the color of the jar, though for some reason it doesn't look like that in the photograph. It's really old textured paper. the "4th of July" is a free cut file from Paper Issues. They have so many awesome free files. So generous!


The word Freedom and the label it sits on are both cut files form the Silhouette store, and the fireworks and stars are cut from papers from the Echo Park collection.


I hope you'll come play with us at CSI. Check out all the awesome sponsors donating prizes and gift certificates this month:


cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...