HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Thursday, November 15, 2018

You & Me {CSI Case File No. 266}

Our mid-month challenge is live over at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration, and it's a super-fun one. Here's my creation:


Here's the Case File. I loved how the colorful boxes looked against that brick wall, so I wanted to imitate that look on my page. For my testimony, I journaled inside a frame. I used the colors in the Scheme, and I used all of the Evidence clues. It was fun searching through my stash for fun, unexpected things to include on my page.


And a few details: The brick background is by Pink Paislee, and all the other patterned papers were scraps in my scrap drawer, some pretty old. I love challenges like this one that have me digging through my stash. Tha red frame is by Simple Stories. The "heart" word is a bead. I managed to use an old Prima mulberry flower that's probably near two decades old.


That black and white acrylic piece is really old too--by Ki Memories. I used the puffy chicken as one of my unexpected elements, as well as an animal. The ruler tape served as my fabric clue, as it's fabric tape. I've had that yellow slide mount in my stash for eons too.


Puffy stickers, animals, hearts, stars, and jars were on the Evidence list, and I found some fun ones in my stash. One of the Testimony clues was to journal inside a frame.


Clocks, clips, and metal were clues. I also used that hand-charm as one of the "unexpected" items clue and dangled it from the clip for another of the clues. The telephone was also a clue.


I generally like to have all the details on my page be meaningful and help to tell the story, but it was really fun just picking random stuff, and I feel it all worked well together.

I hope you'll come play with us. We have lots of awesome prizes up for grabs this month. Make sure you check out the challenge reveal, as the design team really outdid themselves in the creativity department!


cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...