HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Saturday, January 12, 2019

Delight {Paper Issues Scraplift Sunday + CSI Cold Case File No. 271}

I always love challenges because they give me a starting point, and I was in a rush to create a page for this little sweetie who we'll be seeing this weekend, so I played in a Paper Issues Scraplift Sunday challenge and CSI's Cold Case File No. 271.



My first starting point was to scraplift Jen's awesome layout:

No photo description available.

And my second starting point was our Cold Case File at CSI, which is a new challenge to use older stash. Here are the Case File and clues (my layout doesn't resemble the Case File at all, but I made up the clues from the Case File, and used a couple of them for my page).



I decided I should use a paper pad because I'd be cutting those circles. So my second starting point was to go to my paper and find the 10th paper pad. The tenth paper pad didn't really match the colors in the photo, so I counted ten again and found Dear Lizzy's old Neapolitan collection, and the colors were a good match. 

Here are some details. I just loved the stitched grid on Jen's layout. I originally had just circles, but decided I needed to layer two circles. Inking the edges gave them a little more dimension. In retrospect, I wish I'd lifted them on pop 


Another Cold Case clue I used was to use rub-ons from an unopnened package, and I actually used rub-ons from three packages. I used to use rub-ons all the time, and I have a gazillion packs, but I never think to use them anymore. I've had these forever and crossed my fingers as I opened the packages that they'd still work, and they did--good old Making Memories and Scenic Route! Gotta love them!


I tucked that tag behind the photo because it was in my stash--I had made it for another layout and never used it, and I wanted to use the clue of using fiber--another product I have a ton of that I never seem to use. I remember when fibers became trendy and Farzad and I would drive all over the place in search of them. I have them in every color!


It was so fun making this page! I hope you'll stop by Paper Issues to play with the Sunday Scraplift or one of the many other Paper Issues challenges (there's even a Scraplift Sunday challenge to scraplift one of my pages) or CSI to play with one of our three January Case Files.  There are lots of prizes to be won from both challenges!

While you're over at Paper Issues, check out all the new stuff in the store and use my code, Debbi (no e on the end) for 20% off your entire order!


cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...