HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Sunday, February 10, 2019

Cuddle Moment {CSI Cold Case + Paper Issues Scraplift Sunday}

I made another page for CSI's February Cold Case, and I also played with Paper Issues' Scraplift Sunday challenge:


Here's Jennifer's amazing layout that we had to scraplift for this challenge. I fell in love with this the minute I saw it. I have that same scallop paper, and was hoping to use it, but then plans changed, as they often do when we sit down to scrap!

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling

So, here's the Cold Case File--these new Case Files are intended for players to dig deep into their old stash.

And here are the clues:


Here are some details. When I made the clues for this Case File, I had in mind those owls from an old Sassafrass Lass paper, but when I sat down to scrap, I saw Jennifer's layout on my computer screen, and it made me think of the borders on Sassafras Lass' papers. I had this beautiful photo of my friend and her kids sitting on my scrap desk, and when I pulled out my Sass folder, there was the Indie Girl collection, and the colors and the vibe matched perfectly, so I went with these decade-old papers. I'm notorious for buying papers without pictures in mind, and the papers go unused until the perfect page comes along.


I found this old metal frame that had a vintage feel and the pink matched nicely with the Sass papers. That grid paper is also really old, by Scenic Route. Another clue was to use buttons. I have SO many buttons, so I knew I needed to take the opportunity to use some on my layout.


Old flowers were another clue, and boy are these old. Remember these old Prima flowers--they were probably the second kind of flowers they came out with--remember how they came in milk bottles? I fussy cut some flowers from an Indie Girl paper to make a cluster with the buttons and added some old K&Co. word stickers that perfectly matched the salmon color in the papers. I was pleased to find these blue Thickers that matched. I used the asterisks for the centers of the flowers.


I hope you'll come play in our challenges. Look at the sponsors we have donating prizes this month at CSI:

And come play with us at Paper Issues too. Besides the Scraplift Sunday challenge, there are lots of other challenges to play in at Paper Issues. You could win a gift certificate to the store! While you're over at the store, if you do make a purchase, please use my code, and you could get 20% off your entire order!

cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...