HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Friday, November 15, 2019

Lucky Duck | CSI Case File No. 301 + Paper Issues Scraplift Sunday

I made this page for CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration's Case File No. 301 and Paper Issues' Scraplift Sunday challenge.


Here are the Case File and clues:



The colors were just perfect for this photo of my friend's daughter holdiing a little duckling. The cross-stitching clue made me remember this old Amy Tangerine Cut & Paste patterned paper with the cross-stitch hearts, and when I looked into the paper pad, I discovered it had a ot of the colors--the blue, red, and green, so I went with that. Next, I looked at the clues and noticed the animal, and I thought of these old October Afternoon chipboard chicks. I know they're not ducks, but they were close enough. I added as many of the rest of the clues as I could, including sttripes, circles, woodgrain, floral pattern, calendar accent, potted plant, stitching, leaves, triangles, frames, and spiral-paper. As a member of the Paper Issues design team, I try to participate in as many challenges as I can, so this layout is a scraplift of Anna Ekman's beautiful page for the Scraplift Sunday challenge.
Since I'm a member of the Paper Issues design team, I always try to combine my CSI challenge with a challenge at Paper Issues. Here's Anna Ekman's beautiful layout that I scraplifted:

Image may contain: text

Here are a few details. I love these old Sassafras Lass alphabet stickers, and the color was perfect. The leaves were cut from an old Scenic Route paper.


I've had this old wooden frame in my stash forever. I think it's by Chatterbox. The color was perfect, an also, I felt like it had a perfect look and feel for this rustic-style layout.


I found this old Maya Road transparent circular calendar embellishment, which met two of the clues, and I situated it so that April is showing, the month my friend took this picture. How perfect was it that there was a potted plant in that October Afternoon chipboard sheet? I added some puffy stickers for added interest and dimension.


I hope you'll come play with us at CSI. We have 6 generous sponsors donating prizes this month!


And you'll definitely want to play at Paper Issues too because there's a gift certificate to the store up for grabs! Speaking of the store, head on over there and check out all the latest and greatest products. Please use my code, Debbi (no e on the end), and you'll get 20% off your entire purchase!


cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...