HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Saturday, November 2, 2019

My Happy Place | CSI Case File No. 300 + Paper Issues' Let's Get Fussy Challenge

CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration November Case Files are live, and I made this layout for the first one, combining it with Paper Issues' Let's Get Fussy Challenge, where the challenge is to fussy cut.


Here are the Case File and Clues:


I used the traditional clues. I used all the colors, changing the blue up a little. For the Testimony clues, I documented my scrappy workspace and also wrote a 6-word memoir, but I forgot to glue it on before I photographed my page. It's not all that creative, but it says it all: "This room makes me so happy." Evidence clues I use: polka dots, stripes, text pattern, plus signs (sort of--that pink paper), light bulb, flowers, techology (in the form of those cassette tapes), labels, jar, pencil, scissors, brush font, spiral punch, clips, metal, quote stickers.


And here are some details. The awesome light bulb is from Bramble Fox. Those fun Cassette tapes, which were perfect for the color scheme, were cut from a BasicGrey paper. How cute is that brad? It was almost the perfect colors. The "joy" was cut out of an old K&Co paper and I just stick it under the clip. That orange polka dot paper is really old--by Chatterbox! And the blue ledger paper at the top is also ancient--Love, Elsie.


The jar is a die cut that came in a pack from Hobby Lobby, I believe. I just fussy cut some flowers from a Dear Lizzy Stay Colorful paper and the foliage was cut out of a Crate Paper Good Vibes paper. I added some twine and a Bramble Fox heart and it was a perfect, lovely embellishment. The "Happy" title is also from Bramble Fox. The pink paper that sort of looks like double-plus signs is BasicGrey. I found a scrap of old 7Gypsies dictionary paper for the text pattern clue.


The arrows are also from Bramble Fox, from the Arrows V2 pack, which has a variety of styles of arrows. The brush-lettered phrases are actually stickers, but the backing didn't want to come of, so I just glued them on. The tiny pencil came from the Tim Holtz Bird Crazy stamp set, and the tiny scissors came from a Bo Bunny Icons stamp set. I have hundreds of stamps, and I've inventoried all of them, so when I'm looking for a stamp that might go with my CSI clues, I can easily find it.


I hope you'll come play with us at CSI. We've got 6 awesome sponsors donating prizes this month!


And grab your scissors and come play with the Paper Issues gang and get fussy. You could win a gift certificate to the Paper Issues shop. And please use my code, Debbi (no e on the end), and you'll get 20% off your entire order!


cubeupload

1 comment:

Jacynthe said...

I love absolutely everything on your layout. The page design, the paper combination, the jar of flowers, the hanging light bulb, the cassette tapes, the cute brad, the way you've matted the photos and outlined them in black, ... Everything I tell you, everything. I'm also big time jealous of your scrap room ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...