HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Friday, April 17, 2020

You Captured My Heart | CSI Cold Case No. 317 + Paper Issue Free File

I created another page for one of my students, this time using CSI's April stash-busting Cold Case File and a Paper Issues FREE cut file for their Free File Free-for-All challenge.



Here are the Case File and clues for this challenge:

Clues I used: papers that match The Scene, a "girly" collection, older collection by Paige Evans, use a cut file as a base for my design. Have an element floating up the page, use black to provide contrast, fussy cut butterflies from a paper, create movement (I did by having the butterflies flying in different directions). 

 

I had envisioned making a layout with a bicycle, and have butterflies flying out of the basket, like in The Scene, but I didn't have butterflies small enough. So then I thought of having butterflies flying out of a basket, and I couldn't find a basket I liked, so I thought of using a jar instead of a basket, and my layout was born. I fussy cut a bunch of butterflies from a Paige Evans Turn the Page paper, adhering them with their wings lifted up by pop dots. I sprinkled the spaces in between with Nuvo Drops.


As you can see, my title is actually gold. I couldn't get the gold to show up in my photo of my whole layout. That awesome jar cut file is a FREE cut file from Paper Issues called Mason Jar Fresh Picked Flowers. I backed it with vellum so I could capture some butterflies inside. I wrapped some twine and added a heart charm because I always add at least one heart to every page I give to someone.



These paper clips from the Turn the Page collection are such a sweet touch and add a nice element to the side of a page. I added a phrase sticker on top.


I hope you'll come play in both of these challenges. CSI has 7 generous sponsors donating prizes this month.
And there's always a gift certificate up for grabs at Paper Issues. The free file challenge is really fun and there are literally hundreds of free cut files. While you're over checking out the free cut files, be sure to stop by the store, where you'll find loads of scrappy goods! Please use my discount code, Debbi (no e on the end), and you'll get 20% off everything in the store, every day!


cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...