HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Thursday, April 16, 2020

You Make Me so Happy | Bramble Fox DT Work

I'm up on the Bramble Fox blog today. Here's my post:

Hey, Foxy Friends! I hope this post finds you happy and healthy. In these troubling times, it's comforting to have a hobby that brings us joy. I'm sharing another layout I made to give to one of my students.

Don't you just love the translucent Perspextives Bramble Fox makes? I used the Butterflies in the heathers colorway as well as a title from a prior Fox Box.


I've been seeing people making layouts with paintbrushes, and I found a free cut file from Paper Issues that had a paintbrush. I used my fringe scissors on the bristle part of the brush, some wood grain for the handle, and I found some metallic silver part for the part that holds the bristles.


I had the idea of making butterflies fly out of my paintbrush, so I looked through my collections to find some butterflies. I found a paper from Jen Hadfield's Along the Way collection that was filled with butterflies that I fussy cut. And since I scrap 8 x 8, the small size of the butterflies was perfect. Once I had chosen my butterflies, I used a real paintbrush to paint some swashes emerging from the paintbrush and added some splatters. I adhered all the butterflies, lifting their wings with pop dots. I like that all the butterflies from the Jen Hadfield paper are smaller, making the Perspextives the stars of the show.


I snuck in a heart from the Hearts Galore pack, as I always add hearts to the pages I make for my students.

Besides the butterflies, you can also find lots of other Perspextives that have this beautiful translucent, frosty look: Forest Animals, Tokens of Love, and Rainbow. Check the shop often because Morag is always adding gorgeous new Perspextives. I'd love to see what you create with these lovely translucent pieces. Share them in our Bramble Fox Friends Facebook group so we can have a look!



cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...