HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

You Rock | Paper Issues Keep It Sketchy

I made another page for one of my students, this time for Paper Issues Keep It Sketchy challenge:


Here's the awesome sketch. When I first saw it, I wanted to use washi tape because I have so much and never remember to use it. And then I forgot to use it!


Here are some details. I had this sticker sheet from Photoplay's Boy's Rule collection, and I wanted to use it because I thought the colors looked nice with this kid's green shirt. Only problem was, I didn't have the papers from that collection. Not sure why I only bought the sticker sheet. I really love the color combination. So I dug through my patterned paper scraps to find some papers that would match the colors, and I did a pretty good job, I think. I just love that airplane sticker. 


I started by adding watercolor in orange and yellow with some green splatters. I then added texture paste through a starry stencil. Once it dried, I outlined some of the stars. The You Rock title and the puffy stars came from this pack of phrase Thickers from Shimelle's Field  Trip collection. 


I mounted all the Photoplay stickers and my pictures on pop dots for added dimension.


This sketch was so fun to play with. I may just make another layout with it--this time using the washi tape I had planned to use!

You should stop by the Paper Issues shop, check out all the new goodies, and please use my code, Debbi (no e on the end), and you'll get 20% off your entire order!


cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...