HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Far Out | Paper Issues Scrappy Telephone Challenge

Last week at Paper Issues, we had a Scrappy Telephone Challenge--you know, like the game we'd play as kids, where you'd whisper a message in one person's ear and go on down the line, and the last person's message was nothing like the original? It was so fun seeing the evolution. Basically, Kelly chose one of her layouts and sent it to someone and they'd scraplift her and email their layout back to her, and Kelly would send that layout to the next scrapper, and so on. Here's what I made:


Here's the layout that was sent to me to scraplift. I tried to stay as to Katherine Blue's layout as I could, given that I was only working with one photo, but hopefully you can see the elements I lifted.


Here are some details from my page, and then I'll show you the original layout and the progression. I started with a paper that had an embossed image on it, like Katherine's and then looked for a circular frame that would work with the Echo Park Imagine That collection I was using. I couldn't find one, so I decided to make my own by heat embossing a raw chipboard piece that I had. It matched the orange in the collection.


I didn't have a cut-apart card with a phrase, so I made my own. I noticed Katherine had used paper clips on her page, so I found one to use on my page too. Katherine had word stickers below that, and I cut some words out of one of the Imagine That papers and added a dog in the place of Katherine's circular embellishments.


I found a title that was similar to Katherine's cursive title and went with the theme of my layout. In place of the two words to the left of her photo, I used a flair badge that had a message.


Katherine had a whole bunch of embellishments on the top right of her layout, so I added the airplane and clouds.


Here's the entire lineup. You can check out the other teams and see larger images that everyone posted on this thread in our Facebook group.


This was so much fun! I know they're planning to do it again some time, so stay tuned, and be sure to join Paper Issues Friends & Fans group for lots more fun and challenges.

When you shop at Paper Issues, please use my discount code, Debbi (no e on the end), and you'll get 20 off your entire purchase every time!


cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...