HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Monday, June 1, 2020

Into the Water | Paper Issues 30 Days of Sketches - Day 27

I finally finished all 30 sketches in Paper Issues 30 Days of Sketches! However, I'm SO behind on posting them, so I'm doing some quick blog posts to catch up. Here's my page for Sketch 27:


Here's the sketch. I obviously substituted clouds for the squares at the top, but I tried to stay true to the sketch.


And some details. Once I decided on clouds, I looked for a picture and found these pictures of a friend's daughter and mom swimming in the river. I looked through my clouds and found this old paper and felt like it had a perfect rustic, outdoorsy feel, so that's the look I went for with my layout. I remembered these old corrugated letters and then found a corrugated paper in my stash. Wood embellishments seemed perfect for my page.


I added green watercolor behind the trees and some blue watercolor below the photo for water. The sun was bright when I took my photo, so the blue paint didn't show very well. I found some kraft word stickers in  my stash. to go with the rustic feel. And of course I have a lifetime supply of Studio Calico Tweets birds in my stash because I think I bought 4 packs of them when I found them on sale.

The trees are a FREE cut file from Paper Issues called Tree Farm.



And these old K&Co. Dymo-tape looking word stickers were the perfect color for my page.


This 30 Days of Sketches challenge is now over, but Paper Issues has a sketch every month, plus scads of other challenges, and there's a fun Alphabet Soup challenge that will run across 26 days, with a new challenge for each letter of the alphabet. Whenever you shop at Paper Issues, please use my discount code Debbi (no e on the end) and you'll get 20% off of everything in the store, including kits, every single day!


cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...