HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Monday, October 5, 2020

Hello, Little Baker | CSI Case File No. 333

We've got some fun challenges for October at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration. Here's what I created for the first Case File.


Here are the Case File and clues for this challenge:


I knew I wanted to do a baking-themed layout to match the Case File, and I found these sweet pictures of my friend's daughter making zucchini bread. I dug through my stash looking for baking-themed elements that would match the Scheme, and I found that oven mitt die-cut which had most of the colors, with an aqua instead of the grayish blue, so I used that as my starting point. Then I just dug through my color-organized diecut boxes and pulled out stuff that would work with the photo and Case File. I managed to use the following Evidence clues: solid white background, polka dots, cupcakes, metal, labels, numbers, circles, something powdery (the stamp dots were heat-embossed), scallops, fabric (the brads), cooking-related items, and hearts.

Here are some details. I love poring through my stash to find perfect little bits to find, like this copper teapot charm and some fabric brads for the fabric clue.


This banner is super old. It's either by October Afternoon or Cosmo Cricket.  For my powder clue, I used turquoise embossing powder.


I found a pink corduroy topped brad to meet the fabric clue.


I love these old Mini Market tile letters by October Afternoon to use on my 8 x 8 pages when I have a long title.


This layout was really fun to make. I used lots of older stash, which always delights me! I hope you'll come play along with us. Lots of prizes to be won from our October sponsors:


cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...