HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Saturday, September 1, 2018

Selfism {CSI: Case File No. 261}

Our September 1 challenge is live over at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration! Here's what I created:


Here is the Case File for this challenge. I used all of the Evidence clues (which you can see if you scroll down to the bottom of the reveal here) except for the calendar. In retrospect, I probably could've crammed that in--it would've been a lot easier to manage than the teacup, which I did include! For the Testimony, I used the inspiration word "lesson." And of course I used the colors, which were just perfect for this set of pictures of Tracee and me.



Here are some details. Clues you can find in the photo below are: solid white background, diagonal stripes, ledger paper, animal, fruit, leaves, filmstrip, frames, ruler, school-themed elements, stamps, hand-drawn-looking elements, ink). That chipboard filmstrip piece is by 2Crafty, painted black. The frame is pretty old--by K&Co. The pencil and apple were cut from a Bella Blvd Star Student paper, for the school-themed clue. That red paper has a ledger patttern on it. It's super old.

How fun are those stamps on the labels? They're Paper Issues Snarky Stamps and were just perfect for this page. Tracee and I loved the way those green shutters looked against the red building, and we tried so hard to get a nice picture, but the sun was so bright and made for some pretty hilarious photos. We did manage to get one half-way decent shot.


The paper with the doors is by We R Memory Keepers, and I used that for the hand-drawn-looking clue. The clock, by Maya Road, was another clue, as was the clip and numbers on the brad. Notice I managed to stick a teacup in that puffy animal sticker's hand. I know the teacup has nothing to do with the layout, but it added a little whimsy and I don't think it's too obtrusive. I was happy to use some 7Gypsies ruler rub-ons, another clue.


Lightbulb was another clue, and I cut it out of that same Bella Blvd paper as the apple and pencil. The camera came from am Amy Tangerine paper, but I thought it matched the other black and white cut-out elements petty well, and they also went with the hand-drawn element clue. Notice I stuck a key on the clock, another clue. That leafy stem, another clue, is cut from a Simply Graphic die.


The chipboard title is also by 2Crafty. I'm so fortunate to have lots of their wonderful chipboard from when I was on their design team. I used a tiny envelope (another clue) as one of my layers. And finally, I splashed some ink on the page for that clue.



I hope you'll come play with us. Check out all our awesome sponsors this month who are donating prize packs, collections, kits and gift certificates!



cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...