HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Love You Lots {Paper Issues Scraplift Sunday}

I made a new page to give to one of my students this weekend. It's for Paper Issues Scraplift Sunday. Here's my page:


Everyone on the Paper Issues Design team fell in love with Cassie's amazing layout, and we were thrilled that it became a Scraplift Sunday. I love how beautiful Cassie's looks on the woodgrain paper, but I didn't want to TOTALLY copy her, so I tried a plain white background, but the rainbow heart just didn't stand out enough for me, and when I tried it on black, I liked it so much better than the white.


Here are a few details. I used ALL scraps from my scraps drawers, some of them very old. I don't have a big heart punch, so I cut these all on my Silhouette. It took a lot of planning and calculating. This thing took hours and hours to make, but it was worth it when I saw my student's face this morning when she came in and saw it sitting on her desk. She said, "I love rainbows and I love hearts and I love unicorns!" I cut out a big heart with cardstock and assembled the small rainbow hearts. That way, I could lift the whole thing up on adhesive foam. You can see that my title says Love and not Tove (I didn't realize until just now that the rainbow's shadow in my main picture made the L look like a T.


I added some puffy stickers and enamel dots and phrase stickers so my student would have lots of little things to discover.


I hope you'll come play along with this challenge or one of the many other fun challenges at Paper Issues. You may just win a gift certificate to the Paper Issues store! Use my code Debbi (no e on the end), and you'll get 20% off your entire order!



cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...