HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Social Kitty {CSI Case File No. 282 + Paper Issues Free File Free-for-All Challenge}

I always love the inspiration I can get from challenges, and of course CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration is my favorite challenge since it's my brainchild, and Paper Issues always has tons of fun challenges that are easy to combine with my CSI pages. And this month CSI is pairing up with another challenge, Tell Us Story, a Russian sketch blog, so I had lots of inspiration for this page:


Here is the Case File that inspired my page:

Image by Sara Pulver

The circle in the sketch made me think of the many free cut files Paper Issues has that are circular, and I used the circle from the Magical cut file:


Here are the traditional CSI clues for this Case File, which I almost always use because I came up with the clues, and it's really the way I look at Case File images. Clues I used: Scheme - I basically used all the colors; Evidence: textured paper, stripes, diamond shapes, calendars, cats, architectural elements, something fuzzy, potted plant, brads,


Here are some details from my page. I got the idea to use patterned paper for that vertical element from Lisa Moen's awesome page, which you can see in the CSI reveal. That flair badge is from A Flair for Buttons. The calendar elements are cut from really old Creative Cafe papers. The wood speech bubble is by Studio Calico. I used paper scraps from that are pretty old.


That fabric brad is by BasicGrey, I believe. The potted plants were fussy cut from a patterned paper from my stash--I don't know the brand. The phrase stickers are old 7Gypsies.

The story, which I wrote around the outside of the circle tells a part of the story of my social kitty, Maisy, who thinks she's a dog. She follows me around the house and waits by the door when we come home. She always wants to be with us, and it drives us crazy, but she always jumps up on the island when I'm cooking and walks back and forth as I travel through the kitchen, following me.


I found this little house that almost matched the palette and served as an architectural element for one of the clues--it was cut out of an old Love, Elsie fabric paper. The fuzzy brad was another clue.


I hope you'll come play with us at CSI and Paper Issues. We've got seven sponsors at CSI and gift certificates to be won at Paper Issues. Just post your creations in the CSI Facebook group and the Paper Issues Facebook group.



There are TONS of awesome free cut files at the Paper Issues shop if you want to play in the Free File Free-for-All challenge. While you're browsing the free files, make sure you stop by the store to see all the cool new products. Please use my code, Debbi (no e on the end), and you'll get 20% off your entire purchase!


cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...