HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Sunday, December 8, 2019

Christmas Joy | Paper Issues Scraplift Sunday

It's my turn on the Paper Issues blog today. Here's my post:

It's Sunday, and you know what that means! We have an awesome layout for you to scraplift, and here's what I made:


I was thrilled to be chosen to lift Mary-Ann's amazing page:

No photo description available.

I was enamored with that circle and even though I have that paper, I scrap 8 x 8, and I wasn't sure it would work. Plus I had the idea of creating a Christmas ornament, and the brown wouldn't go with the Pebbles Merry Little Christmas collection I wanted to use. So I looked online and found a geneaology fan chart that I could download for free and printed it on white cardstock. I had to fiddle with it to get it right, adding circles over the image so I could cut them with my scissors easily.

I pretty much replicated Mary-Ann's layout because it was just perfect the way she made it. The beautiful script "Christmas" in the title is from the Paper Issues Free Cut File called Pines & Needles.



I loved Mary-Ann's tags and the loopy twine. Being a scrapper for almost 20 years means I have lots of stash, and I dug through my stash looking for tags that would match the colors and adorned them with stickers from the Merry Little Christmas collection.


I added a gold rectangle, some foliage, and some old ribbon from my stash to the top to make the circle look like an ornament.


I hope you'll come join this or one of the many other challenges at Paper Issues. Post your creation in our Facebook group, and you may win a gift card to the shop! Speaking of the shop, there's always lots of the latest and greatest. Please use my code, Debbi (no e on the end) and you'll get 20% off your entire purchase!



cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...