HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Saturday, May 23, 2020

Best Day Ever | Paper Issues Take 5 Challenge

Today's my turn to share a layout on the Paper Issues blog. Here's my post:

Hey, everyone! I'm here with a layout I created for the Take 5 challenge.


If you've never played in the Take 5 challenge, it's simple. Take a minimum of 5 items from the provided list or take more! Here, there is no limit! I chose 7 items: black, white, stamping, twine, enamel dots, stars, ephemera.


I wanted the black and white from the list to be prominent, so I looked through my photos and found these darling pictures of our great-niece's birthday party. When I looked back at the list and saw that twine and ephemera were items, I thought of using them to make a banner, which would make a perfectly festive page. I have some containers where I keep my miscellaneous ephemera pieces stored by color and just picked out pieces to work with the color scheme, set them with eyelets, and threaded the baker's twine to create my banner. Stars were an item on the list, and the Thickers I used had stars to match on the sheet.


That great big red bow was in the red ephemera container, and I knew I had to use it because it reminded me of the big bow Minnie mouse wears, and my great-niece is wearing a red bow.


I found a second bow in my black ephemera container. I had already added some stars that went with my title, but when I saw stamping as an item, I looked through my stamp inventory to find some stars and found this fun stamp with tiny stars that reminded me of confetti. Of course, I rounded out the layout with enamel dots, another item from the Take 5 list.


I had loads of fun digging through my ephemera to make this banner. I hope you'll join me in this challenge and share it in our Facebook group. You might even win a gift certificate to the Paper Issues store. Speaking of the store, please use my discount code, Debbi (no e on the end), and you'll get 20% off of everything in the store, every time you shop!




cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...