HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Saturday, May 9, 2020

Seas the Day | Paper Issues 30 Days of Sketches - Day 12

I'm here with another layout I created for Paper Issues 30 Days of Sketches. Here's Day 12:


Here's the sketch:


And some details.  I used Photoplay's Monterey Bay collection for my layout. The little beach houses were cut out of a patterned paper. The red paper behind the photos is some textured paper that I had in my red paper scraps drawer. I made the waves with an old border punch and two different paper scraps I had in my blue scraps drawer--they're Chatterbox papers. Who remembers those? I always add a heart to all my pages I give away and I found a teeny-tiny one to put on one of the houses. The metal seashell is a brad, also an oldie from my stash. I love combining old and new.


I cut the lighthouse out of a cut-apart sheet. I lifted all the elements with foam adhesive.


If you read an earlier post of mine, you'll know that I came upon these sheets of ginormous raw chipboard letters, and I'm trying to use them up because I don't have a good place to store them. I just added gesso to them to give them a white-washed look. How fun is that little seagull sticker?


The Monterey Bay sticker sheet had some banners, which went perfectly with the sketch. I used a FREE cut file from Paper Issues called Sunburst Background. I erased half of it because I knew the bottom would be covered up.



I hope you'll come join our challenge. If you like the Monterey Bay collection, there several elements still in the Paper Issues store. Please use my code Debbi (no e on the end) and you'll get 20% off of everything in the store, every single day!


cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...