HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Friday, June 18, 2010

A Rich, Sumptuous Palette at Color Combos Galore

Color Combo 147 is live, and what a beautiful palette Janet prepared for us this week!


With the Designer's Challenge of using the theme "At the Table," I immediately thought of the beautiful table my sister set on Thanksgiving. I had a little mishap as I was photographing my layout. A big gust of wind came by and swept my page off the stand and into the dirt, crumpling the lower corners. Ugh.
I used supplies from my Noel Mignon kit called Sonoma County to make my page, plus a few additions from my stash. Here are a few close-up details. I love the sparkly Thickers and the color was perfect for this Color Combo.
I dug out my Heidi Swapp edge distresser for this page, and added some pearly swirls.


I used my favorite Martha Stewart punch--the Iron Gate. Designing on 8 x 8 pages can sometimes be a challenge, and I have to find ways to include my story, so I added a pocket to house my journaling.

Journaling reads: Hey, Martha. You've got nothing on my sister. She sets a really pretty table. Every holiday, she gets creative. I love how she decorated the table for Thanksgiving 2008, with sparkly little pumpkins and fresh daisies and pretty beaded napkin rings. The perfect setting for our family's delicious feast!

2 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

Upon first look, those are hard colors for me, I think I would have a hard time finding stuff in my stash, but my GOSH, you blew this one out of the ballpark Debbi!!!! AND you did a TABLE photo, like the challenge asked, AWESOME work, now I need that Sonoma kit... thanks a lot, hahahaha

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous layout!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...