HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Friday, August 13, 2010

Time Crunch

I've had a busy week--a fun one, but busy, and I had to make two layouts but didn't have the time to do both, so I decided to combine the challenges, and they worked together perfectly! For Color Combos Galore, we had another fabulous palette to work with, and the Designer's Challenge was to use a grid design:

And for Creative Prompts for You, this was our prompt...


And here is my page that resulted from these two challenges. I used the Studio Calico kit called Continental to make my page, plus a few other odds and ends. This page is for my book called "Reasons," where I list all the random little reasons I love Farzad so much. I chose some unscrapworthy photos from a couple of trips to use for this page because I knew I'd be cropping them pretty small.


I was originally planning to place the blocks on a black background, so I sanded all the edges. Then, I decided the photographs were too dark against the black, so I changed to a white background and inked the edges of the blocks.


I love that little airplane on the Studio Calico paper and decided to have it carry part of the title, like those airplanes you see at the beach trailing signs.


I got these pebble brads really cheap at Target, and it was perfect for the O in my title. I think they're made by Colorbok. I love, love, love the BasicGrey microchip letters, and whenever I see them, I buy them. They're the perfect size for my 8 x 8 pages. I wish they'd make them in more colors. These have a cool stained look to them.


And my favorite stamp company, Catslife Press, who made the "Reason No." stamps at my request.


I hope you'll come and see what the rest of the teams did at Color Combos Galore and Creative Prompts for You and play along!

3 comments:

down_memory_lane said...

Adorable layout! I LOVE the little plane too, cute idea! :)

down_memory_lane said...

Also love the color combos galore... sometimes having a colour scheme or theme to work off of makes life a little easier :)
Reminds me of the sketch I used today to make a card on my blog.

Murphy's Law said...

ooooooooooooo i love this. very fun. i like the topic. hmm.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...