HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Work in Progress - August Kit

I made four more layouts with the Work in Progress August kit in addition to the one I posted last time. The kit is still avilable for purchase here. I love that Trish puts together kits that coordinate so well but also have varied elements that allow me to do really different kinds of pages, too. I'll share a couple more pages today.

Here is the first page I made. I usually write stories on my pages, but this one is for my album of favorite photos, and for those often don't have stories--the photo speaks for itself.

I thought the Little Yellow Bicycle sand dollar paper was perfect for this picture. I love that it's printed on kraft paper, and it goes so well with red.


Really cool mix of letters in the kit and add-ons this month! The red Pink Paislee letters have the perfect weathered feel for a beach layout, and the kraft corrugated Making Memories letters add wonderful texture. I wanted a lot of texture on my page, so I used some textured and handmade papers. I dug out a seahorse charm from my stash and tied it onto one of the letters with some twine. I cut one of the sand dollars from the paper to use as an O and adhered it with pop dots.


I love, love, love the My Mind's Eye tickets, and five came in the kit so I still have plenty more to play with. I added the date with numbers that came in the Pink Paislee letters from the kit.


Echo Park has burst right onto the scrappy scene, and lucky for me, Trish grabbed them right away! Love how colorful and whimsical their prints and stickers and journaling cards are, and they were perfect for this layout about a quirky childhood memory.


Don't you just love those little duck stickers? So adorable. I mounted a little parade of them on pop dots.


I'll share my last two layouts I made with this awesome kit tomorrow. Have a terrific Tuesday!

2 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

your lo's are awesome and i love the colors of both. very cool.

Trish said...

You rocked the kit this month, Debbi!! I'm SO BLESSED to have you on our DT--you have no idea! I think the next time I'm in the DC area, you and I will have to meet up and PLAY!! :) Hope you're having a good week! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...