HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Friday, September 10, 2010

Back to School with Color Combos Galore

Challenge 159 is live at Color Combos Galore. Our inspiration images for September all center around school. Here's our current Color Combo:


I just recently made a layout with some school portraits, so I wanted to use something different. This picture was taken on Halloween at school last year. I swear that "Goodbye Blue" looks black to me. I guess I goofed on this one!


I used the Joyland kit by Studio Calico for this page, plus some stuff from my stash. I added a stamped transparency to the frame to make it look like windows, as inspired by the school bus windows.


The BasicGrey chipboard bees were a natural accent for this page, since my teammate was dressed as a bumblebee.


I printed my journaling and that ribbon shape on my printer using the RGB codes on the palette, but I didn't like the way it looked, so I scuffed it up a bit with sandpaper. The chipboard letters were off-white, and I wanted them to be yellow, so I stamped with distress ink and added clear embossing powder.

The black circular element is a label that seals the Studio Calico bags. I always save them because they're so pretty. I was happy to finally use one. And I always save the fun advertising cards and the "packed by" cards that come in the kit. I used one on this page (the little vintage boy image).


I hope you'll play along and come see what the rest of the team did with this combo (they all realized it was blue, LOL).

3 comments:

nancyburke said...

Super cute page! BTW, that looks black to me, too. :)

Murphy's Law said...

this is adorable. black/blue dicey but either rocks it.

rebekah said...

i saw this layout on the CCG website.. and i just love it! the papers are gorgeous!.... haven't seen them anywhere else! i haven't participated in a CCG challenge yet.. but i really want too.. as one of their designers do you have a tip on a good way to get started? and can you only create layouts to enter?
thanks and i just love your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...