HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Toot! {Another WIP Layout}

So this really cool film strip die cut came in the April Work in Progress kit, and I just knew I needed to use it for a special page. It was too long for my 8 x 8 pages, so I cut it in half, and this is what I made. It's a true story...


That's my little sister, Dawn, and her husband was looking through her childhood photos and said she looked like she just tooted in all of the pictures! The Echo Park papers that came in this kit were perfect for this page, don't you think? Fun colors, cameras, those number tiles--just what I needed for this page.

Here are a couple of details... I outlined the letter stickers to give them definition. The letters--both the larger ones and the squares (which also came in white)--are from Echo Park's Playground collection and came on one sheet. The little banners are from one of the patterned papers. There's a whole sheet of them, so you can use the one sheet for multiple layouts.


These fun cameras are cut from a patterned paper--a whole sheet of them, so I have tons more to use for later layouts. I added brads to the buttons for add dimension.


These number tiles came on a sheet of paper, again, a whole sheet of them. I thought the numbers would be a fun accent to signify the numerous photos with Dawn's "tooty" look.  The tiny brads are by Queen & Company.


Thanks for stopping by and looking at my page!

9 comments:

Deb said...

Always such awesome pages, Debbi! Thanks for showing, too, how contemporary, bright colors CAN be mixed with photos from the '60s and '70s and still go together to make a good-looking, cohesive layout! I've been hesitant to do this, but you've blazed the trail, so I know it will work!

Murphy's Law said...

i love the lo. the colors are awesome and you made it so fun with the strips and embellies. wow!

Unknown said...

This is ADORABLE! and hilarious!

Lynette Jacobs said...

You really did a wonderful project with this line...stunning.

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Beautiful layout, love your details.Those photos are great against the bright colors!

Mary Ann Jenkins said...

Great layout, and funny too!!
I love how you cut out the cameras...I must get that paper!
More inspiration as always :)

BabyBokChoy said...

I wish I had thought of such a brilliant design with that strip of negative diecut!! sigh... I didn't use mine!! LOVE LOVE how you worked it, seriously awesome!!!! AND WHAT a story! lol.

Marelize said...

Love this gorgeous fun layout! So beautiful and bright! :)

jamie said...

this is amazing too, debbi. and look at all the white space!!!
beautiful work again.
~j

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...