HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Sunday, April 3, 2011

WIP + Creative Prompts

It's a new month, which means I can start sharing my Work in Progress layouts! My first layout I made for last week's prompt at Creative Prompts for You, which was a combination prompt, where we had to use something calendar-related, fabric, a transparency, and embossing. The calendar part of the prompt made me think of the clocks on the Jenni Bowlin paper that was in the April kit. I know, a clock isn't a calendar--I did add a calendar--but they made me think of the idea of time, and this layout was born:


The little polaroid frame is a cut-out from one of the Echo Park papers that came in the kit. I trimmed the inside from the frame and tucked a photo from our wedding inside.

A few detail shots...The frame around the journaling is from The Graphics Fairy. The transparent element is cut from a Teresa Collins transparency. I added pop dots under where I adhered the jewels so it would sit up and cast a shadow on the page.


The silk ruffle trim is by Pink Paislee, which is what I used for the fabric part of the prompt. Those numbers are cut from a Jenni Bowlin paper. They signify our ages when we got married, our current ages, and our wedding date. That pretty border punch is by EK Success.


The April kit featured the Playground collection by Echo Park, a bright and lively collection, which made it difficult to use for the romantic feel I wanted to achieve for this page, but there was a sheet of red paper that had "Love" printed on it. I ran it through my Cuttlebug to emboss it and sanded it a little. The red was a perfect color to add to my otherwise monochromatic page.

The calendar accent is a Maya Road Sheer that has been languishing in my stash forever. The little banner stickers are by Jenni Bowlin, and I turned them on their sides to make flags and hold the title. Those rub-ons are by Headline--love those things--nice and small and they rub on like butter! The jeweled pin is also by Jenni Bowlin. That "You + Me" is a cut-out from one of the Echo Park papers, and the polka dot flowers are old Prima blooms. I added silver pearls from Recollections around the photo. That little scrap of mesh was sitting on my scrap desk from a layout I made a while back, and I decided to tuck that in.


Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek at my page! I'll be sharing some other layouts I made with this kit in the next few days.


8 comments:

Alia said...

This is so sweet, Debbi. Love the photos over time, and you did achieve a romantic look with this. Congrats on all of your happiness :)

Lynette Jacobs said...

This is beautiful...all the layers and textures...just amazing.

kkrewtea said...

LOVE how you did your journaling! I can't seem to master this printing journaling on journaling cards thing...LOL

Mary Ann Jenkins said...

Love everything about this one Debbi! The colors, all the layering (as always!!)the numbers are such a perfect addition, and love the then and now pics. So very sweet :)

Ella Swan said...

This is wonderful Debbi! I really wish there were more people that were generous with sharing their whole process as you do, together with their layout photos. I sometimes think that people don't always bother to read what I write but I don't mind, I know that there may be someone out there who will be helped by it & that's enough for me. I always read yours & am always inspired by your great attention to detail & technique. So many scrappers these days just chuck it on, like it's the new fashion, but you take care in your work, which I love! BTW I gave CCG a little shout out on my blog today, just to say thank you to you & Janet (and all the girls there) for making it the great site that it is :)

Lou said...

Absolutely gorgeous LO Debbie!! Love all the details and the colors work so beautifully together!! Fabulous LO!!
Lou xx

Murphy's Law said...

absolutely beautiful debbi. the layers are de-lish! eye candy everywhere. love the colors!!

Rachael Funnell said...

Simply Divine!!the color combo is gorgeous, FAB photos too... I just LOVE all your details & you took the extra time to tell others what products you have used & how you achived your details!!
THANKS for that...
XXX

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...