HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Monday, July 18, 2011

You're a Jerk - Creative Scrappers Sketch

A while back, my nephew was really into jerking, and I snapped some pictures of him doing this crazy dance. In case you've never heard of this dance, here's the song that sparked it all:



I thought our current sketch at Creative Scrappers was perfect for these pictures:


Here's my page. I used Studio Calico's "Mind the Gap" kit to make my page, along with a couple of stickers and rub-ons from my stash.


The grid stamp is from another Studio Calico kit. I used clear embossing powder on it. I added Glossy Accents to the letter stickers to give them a little more dimension. I love those little metal studs that came in this kit. They're by 7 Gypsies. That gray paper is byAmerican Crafts. It's glossy and embossed.


These cool metal buttons also came in that kit. The word stickers are from my stash. The circles were made with a regular hole punch. They are my next day additions when I gave my page a second look.


I tend not to use mists because of the lack of control. The splatters just seem to go wherever they want, which happened to be the case on this layout. I didn't intend for those big splats to be at the edge of the page, but in the end, I decided they looked okay. I outlined the splats with a fine pen. Those number rub-ons are by 7 Gypsies. That circular wood-grain bit is a label that sealed the bag my Studio Calico kit came in. I always cut them out and save them (because I am such a packrat), and it came in handy for this page. I punched one of my stars out of the bottom that's hidden by the pictures.


This was such a fun sketch to work with. You should go check out what the rest of the team made, and I hope you'll play along. You just might win a prize from our July sponsor Pretty Little Studio.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading about my page!



8 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

I LOVE this. Great moves. We used to have a dance called the jerk back in the day..............sigh...

Marelize said...

Love your layout Debbi! The pics are awesome! :)

Karen said...

More beautiful embossing! Love the photos, as the mum of a teenager who loves to dance they bought a smile to my face!

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BabyBokChoy said...

What a GREAT layout, and what a hilarious subject matter, lol!! :) As always, I love your little details here and there and such beautiful touches!

sandi said...

Wow! This is awesome Debbie! Love the papers and the mix. Wonderful design and pics as well! Very cool!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Great take on the sketch...your layout really tells the "story".

WendyBen said...

love your embossed grid very inspiring Wendy S

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...