HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Psychic Bond {CSI Case File No. 12}

We have our first monochromatic palette at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration.

This Case File is dreamy and magical and perfect for the story I want to tell. Clues I used:

Evidence: Hot-air balloon, clouds, silhouette image, stars.
Testimony: Write something unexpected, inspiration words: magic & mystery

I used a sketch by fellow Detective, Susan Stringfellow, as inspiration for my page design:





That's one of the few pictures I have from when Farzad and I were dating. My hidden journaling, which I placed on the back, reads: It was weird and mysterious how it happened the first time. I was at the bus stop, and when the school bus pulled up, I stepped onto it, then spun right around and stepped off. The driver gave me a puzzled look, but I just waved him away. After he pulled off, I panicked. "Oh, my God! What did I just do?" About thirty seconds later, as if by magic, a black Trans Am pulled into the parking lot, Farzad behind the wheel. Every morning after that, he traveled all the way from Hyattsville to Gaithersburg just to drive me to school.

Here are some details. Have you heard about CSI Coordinates? Michele Singh, a digital scrapper on our design team, has designed a set of fabulous papers, cut-outs, and journaling spots to coordinate with our Case Files. The journaling spot, balloon, hat, and the balloon print paper, which I printed out on textured cardstock, are all from this week's set of CSI Coordinates. I added Stickles to the balloon and a rub-on eye by 7Gypsies to the journaling spot. The clouds are cut out of a My Mind's Eye paper. Actually, all of the papers except for the white dot (BasicGrey) are by My Mind's Eye.


These banner shapes are also from the CSI Coordinates. The black letter stickers are by EK Success. I love the font and the size, which is perfect for my 8 x 8 pages. The round letters are old--I'm talking ancient--Sonnets by Sharen Soneff. The little arrow rub-on is by 7 Gypsies and points the way to my journaling. I found the cool flower rub-on, by BasicGrey, and it reminded me a little of the dandelion in the Case File, and since it was the perfect color, I had to use it here.


Here's another 7 Gypsies rub-on, which I thought was fun and perfect for the "psychic" story I have going on. The date label is from CSI Coordinates.


The frame, stars, and phrase "stickers" are also from CSI coordinates. The silhouette rub-on is by 7 Gypsies. 


This was a really fun Case File to solve. I hope you'll come play with us. And you'll definitely want to check out what the rest of the team made--awesome stuff in our reveal!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and reading about my page!




5 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

oooooooo i love your take on the sketch and the colors are yummy. what a sweet pix of you and farzad. too adorable.

sandi said...

Fabulous! Love the colors with this lo...perfect!

Jenny Evans said...

Love this, Debbi!!

Ella Swan said...

What a fun layout Debbi and loving the monochromatic scheme!

Susan Stringfellow said...

thanks so much for pointing that out to me. I love the page but didn't even think to see if it was a sketch. LOL! I needed another example for that one so I really appreciate it. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...