HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Sunday, October 7, 2012

You Make Me So Very Happy {CSI Case File No. 40}

We've got a new Case File open for investigation at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration. Lots of new stuff for a new month, new guest designers, new sponsors, and a new theme. In honor of the treats of October, our theme is all things sweet.



I made another page for Monica's book. If you know Monica's story, skip ahead. If not, read on. Monica is my best friend's daughter.  Her 23-year-old husband just died in July after a 6-year battle with bone cancer. Monica and James have thousands of photos on their Facebook pages, and I've been grabbing them from there to make Monica a book so she'll remember the many happy memories in their short life together. 

Clues I used from the Case File: Evidence: ribbon, scallops, dots & stripes, circular things, banners, a big flower, transparent stuff, numbers; Testimony: Inspiration word - happy, 9 happy things.

(Pardon the bad picture. Gray skies all week.)




Here are some details. "The Happy List Card" is in this week's CSI Coordinates. I tucked it behind the photo strip so Monica could do her own journaling. I printed the Coordinates on Photo paper this week because I wanted to retain the bright colors. That glittery circular element is cut from an old K&Co paper. I've got lots of "oldies but goodies" on my page, as always, mixed in with a couple of new things, like the hexagon paper which is by My Mind's Eye. The green background paper is the B side of an old Fancy Pants paper from a collection I was gifted but didn't really like. The color was perfect for the Case File.


Some ribbon for the ribbon part of the Evidence. There's some old Hambly for the transparency part of the challenge.



Aren't these polka dot banners fun--they're in the Coordinates as are all these fun phrases which are perect with Monica's hoto.


The scallop border is by K& Co. I added a yellow Colorbok  "metal dot" heart to my title. These are such fun little accents, and I always pick up a pack when I see them. Mostly I find them at Jo-Ann's.


The scallop die cut is by Die-Namics. I thought it went well with that scalloped border on the opposite side. The "Shiny Happy People" is in the Coordinates and I popped it on top of an old felt Creative Cafe flower that's been in my stash forever. I love that black stripe paper by BasicGrey. Note to self: Buy a couple more sheets of that.





The reveal is gorgeous. You must go check it out! We have a new team of Special Investigators, and Scraps of Elegance is sponsoring us this month, so their team has joined us as Guest Detectives. 

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and reading about my page! And thanks in advance for any comments you may leave. They always make me smile big!



14 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

Love the colors and what a fun, adorable page. Love the strips and title work!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeee the photos and the colors!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

This is really awesome!! You are the queen of the bright bold colors, always so stunning!!

Christy said...

Oh man...this is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

How totally fun!!

Ashley Horton said...

Amazing page, Debbi!! Love the fun photo strips and the colors look really awesome on this one!

Shannon Wallace Soto said...

Debbi: I absolutely love your pages. I stumbled across a layout of yours the other day and have been in awe since. I love your use of layers and especially love how you use old items and papers from your stash and make them new again.

I think you making these pages for Monica is beautiful. I have been thinking about Monica and James all weekend since reading their story.

Adriana B said...

wow fabulous bright colours, love the layout you created so much fun and the photos are great too :)

Lizzyc said...

HI..This is beautiful. those colors really give such a happy feel to match those lovely photos!!

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

You are natural at using the brights. Love the mixed alphas.

Tracey said...

I love the colours on here! SUch a fun and happy layout!

Lynette Jacobs said...

The color combo is so amazing and fresh. Love your layout Debbi.

Audrey Pettit said...

Ooh, this is SO beautiful, Debbi! I absolutely adore these colors. Love the photo strips and the mixed font title work. Really stunning!

Tamika said...

You put this case together wonderfully! I love the colors & the title work! AWESOME

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...