HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Monday, June 17, 2013

So You 5.12.13 {CSI Case File No.76}

We have a super-fun Case File open for investigation at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration this week! I love the second week of the month because that's when we have a Page Draft designed exclusively for CSI by our fabulous Composite Sketch Artist Em Stafrace.


I wanted my page to be equally fun, and I found the perfect pictures of my nephew to go with these colors and the fun vibe of this Case File. I had two different pictures of him, but the other one was a little dark, so I decided to use the same picture, and flip to use on the opposite side.

Clues I used: Evidence: circles, numbers, sun, small patterns, date/calendar accents; Testimony: "Save the Date"


Here are some details. I used lots of old stuff on my page. I found some old vellum that had teal dots on it in my stash. The lettering is Jillibean Soup.


I think I went a little overboard with the background stuff. I used a Prima Template and molding paste. Then I dripped some red ink, followed by a Stampin-Up stamp (the teal dots). The sheer calendar thingy is by Maya Road. I found The red and orange flower brads are by Sassafras Lass.

I put the journaling on transparency film. I probably should've made it black to show up more. I repeated the journaling over and over. Lots of it got covered up, so I'm going to put a copy on the back of the page. Here's what it reads: A perfect snapshot of quirky litttle you. Pokemon Pikachu hoodie. Your Happy Happy Happy t-shirt that describes your sweetness. Thumbs up--another sign of your pure sweetness. Good natured about posing for a camera. This snapshot is so you at this point in time, just about finished with fifth grade. I hope you'll always stay this sweet and adorable and good-natured and quirky. Totally loveable, little guy!


This picture shows all the papers I used: Studio Calico (yellow sripe, orange hexagons); Echo Park: Teal cross-grid); Scenic Route (cut-out stars); Simple Stories (teal chevron). Those stickers are from Lily Bee. I added some washi tape at the last minute. The black circle thing was cut with my Silhouette Cameo.


I was looking for some stamps to add more to the background and found these (Studio Calico) little arrows and the sun, which was part of the Evidence.



You must go see what the rest of the team made! Really cool stuff!

Photobucket

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the photos and love love love the stars!!!

Murphy's Law said...

Love your new blog look !!! Very cool and that page rocks. Love the colors and the design. I wouldn't think of that.

Helen Wallace said...

Bright, vibrant and playful....I don't think there is too much back ground stuff going on....looks fantastic. He sounds like a great little kid :)

Lynette Jacobs said...

This is a super fun and happy layout. I know that I sound like a broken record....but I always admire your layering. Such a great layout Debbi.

Unknown said...

I don't think the background looks overdone at all! This is fabulous! Love the vibrancy and the way you flipped the picture and repeated it!

Lizzy Hill said...

Those touches of black really make the colours pop...love your Silly cut out, with the circles, too....& you can NEVER have too crowded a bg!!!!! Yours doesn't look OTT at all:):):)

sandi said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! This is fantastic! Love what you've done with the challenge and love the sketch.....together this is one eye-catching lo!

zenevak said...

Love this layout! You've worked the colour combination perfectly!

Em Stafrace said...

Sensational as always. You really blow me away everytime, and I think I say it everytime I visit yoru blog lol...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...