HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Thursday, November 1, 2018

Dream {CSI Case File No. 265}

We've got a brand-new challenge over at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration. Here's the layout I created:


And here's the Case File that inspired my page. I just loved the colors and all the interesting elements in The Scene, so I used traditional Evidence clues as well as the palette from The Scheme. I always love digging through my stash to see if I can use all the Evidence clues.. I've got stripes, a checker pattern in the stamped background, a frame in the form of a filmstrip, flowers, cats, text print, a label, something transparent, metal, puffy stickers, triangles (on the washi tape), something shiny--I found shiny puffy stickers, both gold and silver, a glittery title, and rub-ons. So, I was able to use all of the Evidence clues except for black-and-white photos. I found a 6-word sticker phrase for my Testimony that serves as a 6-word memoir.

And here are some details. I mostly used Crate Paper's Hello Love collection, but I added some odds and ends from my stash, some really old, like the pink rub-on words by Making Memories--they have to be at least 10 years old, but they still rubbed on like butter! Those Prima flowers are also ancient, as are the little metal dots.


I always love the chipboard pieces by Crate Paper. How adorable is that little typewriter. I found a Tim Holtz phrase sticker that matched up with my title and had 6 words, so I used it for the 6-word memoir Testimony. I thought I should add a cat or two since the subject of the photo has a kitty on her shirt, and I found some cute shiny puffy stickers to match the colors. That chipboard filmstrip is by 2Crafty.


I dug through my stash and found this piece cut from an old transparency and thought I'd just add it as a layer. Same thing with that pink label, which is also a clue, and I had only a part of the label, so it was perfect for layering


One of the clues was an arrow, and another was to mix gold and silver metals on the page. I had the silver metal dots and was wracking my brain trying to think of what I had in gold when I spotted the pink tassel and thought it would be a perfect thing to tie onto the arrow.


I sure hope you'll come play with this beautiful Case File! Check out all our generoous sponsors this month who are donating prizes:



cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...