HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Monday, April 1, 2019

Wowza! I Like You a Bot {CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration & Paper Issues Free File Free-for-All Challenge}

We've got a new challenge open at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration, and I combined it with Paper Issues Free File Free-for-All challenge because I LOVE challenges! They give me such a wonderful starting point so that I don't just sit and stare at my papers. Here's the page I made, another gift for one of my students:


Here's the Case File I used. The Scene was chosen because it's National Robotics Week.

Image: Eduardo Fuentes
Here are the clues for this Case File. I almost always use the traditional clues because I'm the one who makes up the clues, so that's how I always look at the Case File. I used the colors and many of the Evidence clues: solid cardstock, circles pattern, robots, light bulb, eyeglasses, googly eyes, and buttons.




Here are some details. That awesome cut file is a free file from Paper Issues called Hip to Be Square. I printed it twice, once in black and then in white and offset it. I then raised it on adhesive foam. I used lots and lots of older scraps (think Ki Memories and SEI, to name a few) to back the cut file.

I love monsters and robots for kid pages, and when I saw these stamps by Pattern Happy, I had to get them. I love how small they are. I stamped them on smooth white cardstock with Archival Ink and then used watercolor pencils to color them. I mounted them with pop dots. This page is super dimensional!


Don't you hate it when you realize something is crooked after you've finished your layout and photographed it? That acetate light bulb is by Maya Road, and the dimensional one is by Prima.


I cut the glasses out of an older My Mind's Eye paper and added googly eyes. I'm always happy when I can use buttons! I attached them to my page with teeny-tiny brads. A few puffy hearts for some of the robots, and my layout was done!


I hope you'll come play in both the CSI and Paper Issues challenges. They're both so fun, and you can win prizes. Check out our sponsors donating prizes this month at CSI:


And Paper Issues awards two gift certificates each month to their store! If you want to play in the Free File Free-for-All challenge, click here to see all the awesome free cut files. While you're there, check out all the cool new products in the shop. Use my code Debbi (no e on the end), and you'll get 20% off your entire order!


cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...