HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Friday, May 17, 2019

You Make Me Smile {CSI Cold Case No. 283 + Paper Issues Stamp of Approval}

As you know if you've been visiting my blog, I've been making a page to give to each of my students. This is the third year that I've been doing this. So much fun! I created this page for the current Cold Case File at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration and also for Paper Issues Stamp of Approval challenge.


Here are the Case File and clues. For those who don't know, our Cold Case Files are meant as a stash-busting challenge. I used LOTS of old stuff on my page.


The clues I used are: Dig out some old frames and create a gallery.


Here are some details. When I saw my student's shirt in the picture, I remembered these silly Sticko sock monkey stickers I had bought a while ago. I knew I wanted to use a bunch of them, so I decided to create a gallery of frames and add the monkeys. I used lots of really old frames in colors to match that stripey paper. The pink one is by Making Memories, and that green plastic one is an ANCIENT slide mount.


I found a fun mix of old letters to match my frames. As you can see, I've scattered speech bubbles around my page--they're all stamps. The starbursty images inside the frames are also a stamp by Neat & Tangled. I think it's supposed to be shattered glass.


The Sticko stickers were kind of flimsy, so I adhered them to white cardstock and then fussy cut them in order to mount them with pop dots. I love the pink one hanging on the yellow frame.


A final touch that I added after the fact were the bright enamel dots.


I had so much fun using up a lot of old stuff for the CSI challenge and using a lot of stamps for the Paper Issues Stamp of Approval challenge. I hope you'll come play along with both of these fun challenges. Lots of prizes to be won from our 7 sponsors at CSI this month or a gift certificate at Paper Issues! Upload your creations to the CSI Facebook group and the Paper Issues facebook group to qualify.


While you're over at Paper Issues, check out all the awesome new stuff in the store. Please use my code, Debbi (no e on the end), and you'll get 20% off your entire purchase!



cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...