HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Sunday, September 15, 2019

I Love You A Bushel & a Peck | CSI Case File No. 29

Our mid-month reveal went live today at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration. Here's my creation:



And here are the Case File and clues that inspired my page:

Image Credit: Yao Xiong

Clues I used: Evidence--brick pattern, woodgrain pattern, thin stripes, leaves, buttons, felt; Testimony--use a song or lyrics; Scene---I used all the colors.


Here are some details. Tracee and I decided to scrap the same picture for this Case File. I started my layout by looking for a cutfile of a bushel, and I found this one in the Silhouette store. I used brown cardstock, woodgrain paper, and silver paper to make the bushel. In the picture, above our heads is a chicken we had lots of fun playing with, which was featured in another layout I made with Tracee. The leaves are stamps.


Note to self: I need to buy some heart punches. I only had long folk heart punches, but I went ahead and used them and hand-cut them to make them look more like the regular heart shape. I used lots of paper scraps on this layout. I'm always happy to use up some of my gazillions of buttons. Don't you hate it when your layout's done and you're posting it, and you see something you wish you had done differently? I wish I had put the photo lower so part of it was still in the bushel.


I found some brown felt letters in my stash for that clue. And I chose some fun chicken-y bird stamps that I had recently gotten to add to my page, reminiscent of the other chicken page. That great big ampersand is a die from France that my husband brought back for me when he was visiting his brother in Paris this summer.


I hope you'll come play along with us! We've got lots of generous sponsors donating prizes this month:



cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...