HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Tuesday, June 29, 2021

The Cutest Pirate | Paper Issues Walk the Plank Challenge

Paper Issues is having pirate-themed challenges in June, and I just happen to have several pictures of friends' kids that are pirate themed, so I knew I had to play along. You don't have to use the theme, just the idea behind the challenge. This one is for the "Walk the Plank" challenge, which challenges us to use woodgrain paper.


How cute is this picture of my friend's little girl? I scoured my stash for pirate-y odds and ends and found the "ahoy there" sticker, which was actually a circle sticker, but I cut it out because it just looked weird as a circle. The stamps on this page (the seagulls and the compass) are by Les Ateliers de Karine, a French company. I found a red frame in my to match the colors in my layout and then die-cut another slide frame using a Bramble Fox die set. That gave me a few interesting layers behind my picture.


How adorable is this little pirate kid under the palm tree? It's an old October Afternoon sticker. I added a little heart to his hat because I always put hearts on the layouts I give away. I added a few more bits--a starfish cut with a Bramble Fox die, an old shell brad from my stash, a tweet and another heart to bring some red to this little cluster. The palm tree looked awkard just sitting there on that white plank paper, so I tore a kraft grid paper scrap from my brown scraps drawer and created a little island.


This cute pirate ship was on the same sheet of stickers as the pirate. I added a little anchor die cut from a Bramble Fox die and some ocean water cut from a paper scrap.


About a year ago, I was reorganizing some of my stash and came upon this sheet of giant raw chipboard letters. They're especially large because I scrap 8 x 8. I've been determined to use them up. I'm getting close. I had enough letters to spell out pirate except for the r. There are never enough r's in letter packs. So I decided to make my own out of an n. I also lost the dot for the i and remembered I had a bunch of little chipboard hearts from when  was on the 2crafty team. I painted the raw chipboard with a black Pitt marker. Those awesome sunrays are from a stencil by Bramble Fox. I used some Tim Holtz distress ink and then outlined them with a fineline marker.


cubeupload

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...